Make a teacher gift that is quick and thoughtful. Place a gift card with a personalized note from your child inside the gift box. The box can be used on their desk if there is enough room after all the greatest teacher mugs. I could not help myself on the apple buttons. I would only give this too an early education teacher. Not cool enough for the over 10 kids to see. Make sure it is a gift card to a place that is on their wish list or to a place you know they love.
Materials to create a dyed wooden gift Teacher Gift box:
- Wooden box available at local craft stores. Generally around a dollar
- Dye in Aqua
- Adtech Adhesive Glue Gun and glue sticks
- Back to School Buttons, Tutti Fruity
- Misc. Paper towels, plastic grocery bag, sand paper, disposable container for dye.
Directions to make the wooden teacher gift box:
- If the box has rough edges you can sand them smooth with sandpaper. Wipe off dust with a damp paper towel or tack cloth.
- Dip the box in heated dye bath. Tap to remove excess.
- Place a paper towel on a plastic bag. The paper towel is used to gather excess dye.
- Once the wood is dry you can add the button embellishments.
- Always cover your work surface when working with dye. Gloves are a great option too. I use metal tongs to keep my hands clean.Enjoy the process.You can change out the buttons for any occasion too. Spring flowers for Easter maybe? If you want to see other quick and awesome Teacher Appreciation crafts click on the link below.