Hello y’all. Allie here with another Shaped Christmas Card. This little cutie is Miss Kate’s Cuttables Freebie of the Day TODAY (December 12, 2013). I turned her Winter Owl into a Shaped Christmas Card.
Supplies for Shaped Christmas Card
- Cardstock – Discount Cardstock
- Inks, Glaze – IMAGINE Crafts
- Paint – DecoArt
- Glitter, Dries Clear Designer Glue – ART Glitter
- Twine – the Twinery
- Button – Laura Kelly’s Traditional Christmas Mix for Buttons Galore
- Christmas Tiny Tags Combo Stamps and Tag Dies – A Jillian Vance Design
- Winter Owl Digital Die Cut – Miss Kate Cuttables
Preparing the Owl
- First, I cut all the pieces. I cut an extra body from orange paper. Using the Designer Edition Software, I outlined the inside of the body for a mat inside the card. I used brown cardstock, orange cardstock and white cardstock. Any other colors were inked.
- The eyes are inked with Midnight Black Versa Magic and glazed with GlazOn.
- The body is distressed with the same ink, and some Cottonball Paint. The beak and feet are distressed with Tangelo Memento ink.
The hat base and all its pieces were white, and I inked the base with Toffee Crunch Memento Luxe. It was a little dark, so I coated the base of the hat with Cottonball Paint. The white parts are accented with some Iridescent Glitter, the red parts are inked with Red Magic Versa Magic ink and distressed a but with Midnight Black Versa Magic ink, then glittered as well.
- By using all paper, with a button and twine, I save a lot of money. Cards can get expensive! I adhered the largest snowflake to the hat. I stamped ho ho ho with Red Magic ink and die cut the tag. The bell is stamped with Rich Cocoa memento ink and die cut as well. These tags are attached with twine to a button.
- The snowflakes and snow on the branch were lightly glittered and adhered with Glue Dots.
Assembling the Card
- Instead of using a second color for the mat behind the owl, I inked with more Midnight Black ink.
- I assembled the top half of the card and accented with dots of Cottonball paint.
- For the back, I inked the mat with Toffee Crunch Memento Luxe and trimmed off one side. I scored the bottom orange layer along that cut line and nested the pieces. The bottom is attached on that exposed bit of the bottom orange layer.
Thanks for stopping by!
I really love making 3D paper creations.
There is still time to enter this FABOO giveaway!
We’ve joined a great group of bloggers to bring you this awesome giveaway. One lucky person will win $500 cash and five others will win $50 cash!
Enter to win $500 or $50 cash via PayPal.
Complete the tasks below to earn entries into this giveaway.
Refer your friends using your unique link to earn even more chances to win.
————–> a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway was coordinated by Giveaway Promote.