Create a Valentine heart banner with Olyfun. The flag is super easy to make because the material does not fray and cuts like butter. I used a heart die cut from Sizzix. You can layer up to 4 layers of the material over the die but I like to do two at a time. To adhere the fabric together I used Fabri-Tac glue. If you have a low temp glue gun you can use that as well. If you have a sewing machine that is also an option. The 12×12 OlyFun sheets can be found in most craft stores or big box stores with a craft department. If they don’t have the sheets they might have it by the bolt. Either way it is pretty inexpensive . I used my sewing machine to make a quick straight line across the top. You could hand sew or use glue. I might go back and ass some glitter and more hand detailing. But considering this is supposed to be a quick craft I did not. This piece was actually made in 10 minutes including drying time. The fabric glue dries super fast. Last minute I added buttons in coordinating colors. The flag needed a little pop. if you do not have a die cut machine you can hand cut the hearts.
Material for Valentine heart flag with Olyfun:
- Olyfun 12×12 craft sheets in Slate, Black, Cherry Pop, Bubble Gum
- Sizzix heart Die Cut
- Pink String
- Sewing machine and thread optional
Valentine heart flag with Olyfun Instructions:
- Place die on machine and add two layers Oly*Fun. Run through the machine. Remove hearts and repeat as many times ass needed for your flag.
- Glue the two layers together for each heart and then glue onto the black 12×12 sheet. Let a few hearts go off the edge. Trim off the excess.
- Cut the slate grey sheet of Oly*fun in half. Fold over and sew on the top edge of the Black 12×12 sheet.
- Glue on the yarn and buttons.
- ENJOY and
VISIT THE COUNTRY CHIC COTTAGE, 30 MINUTE CRAFTS, AND 100 DIRECTIONS FOR MORE GREAT VALENTINE’S DAY IDEAS YOU CAN COMPLETE IN 15 MINUTES!