Ultimate veggie soup mix in a jar is really awesome or I could not call it the Ultimate Veggie Soup. What makes it so awesome is the secret ingredient – that will not be secret for long. It is the dried mushrooms. They really add an extra element of taste and blend all the flavors together. The ultimate veggie soup mix makes a great pantry staple or as a gift in a jar to give. I love the way the layers look because they are so colorful and pretty. Hearty soups are wonderful on a cold day. You can also add meat to the soup and make it a meal.
Layer all the ingredients listed below into a mason pint jar or 16 ounce jar.
ultimate veggie soup mix in a jar recipe:
- 1/2 cup dried vegetables This is hard to find in local stores.
- 1/4 cup lentil
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup black eyed peas
- 1/4 cup dried mushrooms might be cheaper at a local store in a small pack.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 bullion cubes Beef or Veggie
To make the ultimate veggie soup add 10 cups of water into a large pot. Add the bullion cubes and contents of jar to the pot. Bring to a boil reduce heat and let simmer for about 40 minutes or until peas are soft. You can change the amount of water by a cup or two depending on how thick you like it.
Supplies to decorate the mason jar:
1. Follow the instructions for wood burning here.
2. Place fabric circle over the lid and tighten on band. Trim off any excess fabric.
3. Wrap jute cording around mason jar. Tie in a knot. Trim off any excess.
4. Add tag and hot glue on snowflake button
Now your ultimate veggie soup mix in a jar looks great too.