Sláinte is the traditional Irish toast for good health. Decorate your home or entryway with this shamrock filled flag and spread this wonderful sentiment to friends and neighbors. We can all be Irish for a little while.
- Download printable Shamrock Wall Décor Kit from Internet.
Open file and print both pattern sheets onto printable cotton sheets.
Trim around white/small shamrock print close to edge of design. Trim 1/4” around
two large shamrocks.
- Cut two 3-1/2”x3-1/2” burlap squares. Place first large shamrock in circle on center of
burlap square; use sewing machine and straight stitch to sew around circle. Trim off
excess material around circle, including threads. Repeat process for second large
shamrock. Sew buttons on center of each shamrock.
- Cut burlap to 11”x18”. Using zig-zag stitch, sew burlap to place mat, approximately 2”
from bottom edge. Position white/small shamrock print fabric on burlap 1-1/2” from
bottom edge; sew into place.
- Attach various-size green buttons along bottom edge using needle and green thread.
- Fold over 2” flap at top (for casing). Sew flap into place. Attach two buttons on each side.
- Using white pencil, write “Slainte!” along center top. Use embroidery needle
and bright green embroidery floss to stitch letters using straight stitch.
Attach buttons for dot in “i” and in exclamation point.
- Adhere large shamrocks to center of hanging using fabric glue. Fringe edges of hanging.
- To hang, insert dowel length through casing. Tie ribbon ends around dowel length or
position hanging on window using suction cup (as shown).