I used the same dying method on this shibori shirt as I did in this SHIBORI SCARF Tutorial
My son is big into the tie dye look and when we go clothes shopping the only way I can get him involved is to find things that we can tie dye. It makes shopping much easier knowing he will get what he likes and we can do a little mother son bonding. Being the crafty momma I am, I will take any time I can get to craft with my boy. He would much rather play a video game than do art. So, I take every opportunity I can to get him involved. The other art medium I can get him to do with me is polymer clay and when I am baking decorative cupcakes.
Instructions to make the shibori shirt:
- To make the shirt you will need wash the fabric but do not dry.
- Accordion fold the sleeves. Fold the center material into thirds, and then fold into three inch sections. Eventually you will have a 3×6 stack.
- Tie the stack with string or use binder clips to clamp the fabric together.
- Soak in the dye according to manufactures directions. I usually use the hottest water available and let it set over night.
- Rinse until water comes clear.
- Wash, dry and enjoy. (be sure to run a cleaning cycle in your washer before the next load.)