Mother’s Day Spa gift set is an easy gift you can make on the cheap with a few key ingredients and simple to make gift packaging. Essential oil, a colorant and epsom salt are really all you need. There are a few more things you can add in to make it relieving and relaxing. Add on custom gift packaging and you have a super terrific gift that you can give to almost anyone.
When using essential oils do not go overboard a little goes a long way and same goes with the coloring. A couple of drops are really all you need.
Supplies for Mother’s Day Spa gift set:
- Epsom Salt
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Essential Oil (pick your favorite scents)
- Clear Gusset Bags
- Kraft Stationery Gift Box
- Clear Square to seal bag
- Black Bow
- Colorbox Black Ink
- Foral Stamp
- Glue Dot
Instructions or Mother’s Day Spa gift set:
The ratio for the ingredients is 3 parts coarse sea salt; 3 parts epsom salt and 1 part baking soda. You can make as much as you want using the ratio above.
- Ink up the stamp and press firmly on flat box but do not rock the stamp. Rocking will cause distortion and smudges. I use the lid of the box with my clear stamps when I do not have a block handy and I am too lazy to go searching for one.
- Stamp the images on the edges of the box similar to what is shown. If you get ink on the clear part you can wipe it off with your finger or a paper towel.
- Assemble the box and add the pre-made black bow to the package and secure with a glue dot. I am completely horrible at making bows so the already made bows so they were completely worth every penny to me!
- To make the bath salts use a large bowl, mix to combine: 3 parts coarse sea salt; 3 parts epsom salts, and 1 part baking soda.
- Add a few drops of essential oils, and stir well.
- Add a few drops of food coloring, until you achieve the desired shade. If you want to purchase colorant for soaps you can, but food coloring works fine.
- Add the salt mixture to the clear bags.
Join us each month for a new creative Challenge. Use the hashtag #mycreativechallenge on Instagram to join in the fun!
Visit Jen for a Mother’s Day Coloring card.