The herb flavored vinegar recipe is easy to make and makes a great gift to give. If you have a foodie in your family they will love these herb infused vinegars. If you plan on making these for Christmas or as Hostess gifts during the upcoming festive season make them two weeks in advance to allow the flavors to infuse. Make a delicious vinegar infused with the scent and flavor of fresh rosemary and other spice ingredients by following the instructions below. I made these in less than 15 minutes. I also found the bottles at the thrift store for .15 a piece. I would have purchased a dozen more if I could. These little bottles are the perfect size for this gift. If you are crafty you can embellish them with ribbons or jute.
Tools and supplies to make the herb flavored vinegar:
- Rosemary sprigs
- Crushed red chili pepper
Instructions to make the herb flavored vinegar:
1. Clean and sterilize bottles.
2. Slip rosemary sprigs into each bottle. I added sliced garlic cloves to one and crushed red peppers to the other. Use a funnel to pour in vinegar. Add the cork.
3. After filling and corking bottles, wash and dry them well.
4. Apply label to front of bottle.
5. Wrap twine around the neck of the bottle. Tie in place and hot glue on a button.
To prolong the life of the oil, refrigerate bottles. The Garlic and Rosemary should be used within a month of making. If you are using fresh herbs and spices make sure you wash and dry them. If you are using dried spices the shelf life is 3 months. I add a label on the back of each bottle so the recipient knows what they are getting.