Hand dye pre-made white clothes from a big box store for a custom look. My toddler loves colorful clothes and especially rainbow colored clothes. The more colors the better. I can never find clothes that are as colorful as she is. I make my own by using a hand dye technique that is very simple and the results make her very happy.
Tip: Often at the end of the season I will buy a bunch of white clothes on the discount rack in a size or two larger. Then when she is ready for the new size I hand dye them what ever color she is into at the time. Right now she cannot get enough of pink and purple. When I hand dyed this piece she was totally into rainbows. Who knows what next season will look like?
Material for hand dye:
- Tulip Brand Tie Dye
- covered work surface
- string or rubber band
- Fold the material into thirds vertically to make it easier to work with and to give the dye a little variation.
- Wet the material for more even coverage and absorption.
- Use the squirt bottles to place the dye exactly where you want it to go. Flip it over to get both sides.
- Leave on the dye according to manufactures directions.
- Rinse thoroughly before washing.
- Wash, dry and enjoy.
If you would like to see other dyed pieces click —-> Hand Dye