So, I asked her if I could have some to create a gift for a friend. Of course, she said yes!
I decided to make a gift tag to go with these yummy candies. I used my Silhouette CAMEO® to cut a tag, and also a Happy Candy Apple Shape. I don’t have a lot of really good colored papers, so I just used a basic Ivory Cardstock from DiscountCardstock.com and colored it with ink and Copic Markers.
I stamped the large tag with a chicken coop stamp and Gray Flannel Memento™ Dye Ink. I picked this up from a garage sale, and I’m really not sure where it came from – I suspect it is a Stampin’ Up! stamp. I distressed the edges with Peanut Brittle and more of the Gray Flannel Dye Ink.
I cut a smaller tag, and I also cut an offset outline to use as a stencil. You can see the file below, and how it was used.
Cute? It’s all about the presentation.
Supplies for Caramel Apple Treat Bag
- Paper: DiscountCardstock.com “Ivory Cardstock #67“
- Ink: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko “Memento™ Dye Ink“, “Sponge Dauber“; Copic Markers
- Die Cuts: Silhouette “CAMEO®“, “Happy Candy Apple Shape” (tag shapes come with your Silhouette purchase)
- Embellishments: American Crafts “Sheer with Dots Ribbon“; Buttons Galore “Apple Button“; Doodlebug Design “Twine“
- Stamps: (“chicken wire” – possible Stampin’ Up, and “for you” is a retired image from Close To My Heart
I’ll gather up these yummy Werther’s candies and put them in a cellophane bag and attach my tag with ribbon and I have a quick gift. Who would you give these treats to?