Peppermint Jewelry is a fun DIY gift you can give. Peppermint says Winter jewelry to me. I love candy themed Christmas trees so candy themed jewelry is pretty cool too. This project is part of Craft Lightning and we love participating in the event because it always makes us design faster and more efficient. It took me 15 minutes to design and make both earrings. I also made a necklace too which I will share tomorrow. One of the things I love most about making my own jewelry is that when I buy the supplies to make a set for me I usually make an extra set to have in my gift closet. I am rarely without a hand-made gift. The peppermints would make great drink charms too. I am pretty frugal and do not like to let anything go to waste or just sit. I happen to order all my supplies from Oriental Trading Company since I am a blogger for them. They have really become my go to for supplies.
Supplies needed for Peppermint Jewelry:
How to make Peppermint Jewelry:
If you follow the pictorial above you will see that it is really simple to make the earrings.
- Start by sliding the beads on the head pin in the order you like.
- Bend the headpin wire over to a 90 degree angle.
- Form a loop around the pliers.
- Wrap the excess wire around the bottom of the loop.
- Open the earring wire by pushing one side of the loop down and one side up.
- Insert the beaded headpin with loop.
- Close the wire and repeat for other side.
- BAM! That easy to make your own earrings.
Make sure you visit all the other blogs and see their great and super quick ideas. You will be ready for gift giving in no time at all.