White chocolate peppermint cheesecake rice crispy treats are totally amazing and addictive. My family absolutely loves them. They are quick and easy to make as well as super delicious.
Ingredients (about 24 Squares) for white chocolate peppermint cheesecake rice crispy treats:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1/4 – 1/2 crushed Peppermint
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) Jell-O Cheesecake Instant Pudding mix
- 1box Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
Additional Toppings for white chocolate peppermint cheesecake treats
- 1 bag Ghirardelli white chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/4 -1/2 cup crushed peppermint
Instructions peppermint white chocolate peppermint cheesecake rice krispy treats:
For the treats:
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely melted.
- Add the dry pudding mix and stir until completely blended.
- Remove from heat and add the peppermint. ( peppermint extra too)
- Add Rice crispies and stir until completely incorporated.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan or line the pan greased waxed paper. A cookie sheet will work too and spread it evenly with a piece of greased waxed paper.
For the topping:
- Melt white chocolate or milk chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring after each interval.
- Evenly spread melted chocolate over treats. Or cut treats into squares and dip into white chocolate and then sprinkles.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and allow chocolate to harden in refrigerator about 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Tip : Spray cooking spray on the blade of the knife. It will help prevent sticking. The quicker you cut them the easier it will be. I find it difficult to cut them when they are cool.
I hope you enjoy this family favorite recipe of white chocolate peppermint cheesecake rice crispy treats.