A Snack mix in a jar is a fun gift to give when you need just a little something. It can be a “thank you” gift, “I am thinking about you” gift or even “here is a little snack to help you study” gift. This would also make something nice to give classroom aides. Most people like food so you can really give it for almost any occasion. You can follow the recipe below or create your own favorite snack mix combination to place in the jar.
Materials for Snack mix in a jar:
- Ball Quart Jar (Jarden Home Brands)
- Americana Acrylic Paint (DecoArt): Warm White; Espresso
- Patterned papers: brown/white Swiss dot; red/white polka dot
- White cardstock
- White wool felt scrap
- Wool roving: brown; white
- Pink Tiny Alphas Alphabet Stickers (Making Memories)
- Crystal acrylic gems, two
- Long pearl straight pins, two
- White miniature silk flower
- Black pebble bead
- Acrylic crystal
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Tiny hole punch
- Adhesives (Beacon Adhesives): Fabri-Tac; Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Needle felting tool and pad
Directions for Snack mix in a jar:
1.Paint jar lid. Let dry. Apply varnish.
2. Cut 4″x12″ rectangle from paper to fit around jar. Adhere to jar. (Note: Wrap rubber bands around paper to secure while glue dries.) Use scallop-edge scissors to cut two 1″x12″ strips from cardstock. Glue to top and bottom edge of rectangle.
3. Print and cut out pattern. Punch holes in each scallop of cardstock edges.
4. Paint toothpicks Espresso. Set aside.
5. Needle felt bird white. Draw wing with marker. Needle felt wing and beak brown. Glue crystal (eye) to face and bird to jar. For legs, cut ends of toothpicks and glue to jar.
6. For label, cut 3/4″x4″ strip from patterned paper. Fold in half, adhere ends and cut fork at end with scissors. Adhere stickers to spell “bird seed”. Stick straight pin through label and bird. Stick remaining pin through silk flower and bird. Glue gem to bird.