Santa pants Favors made with cardboard tubes that you can recycle from paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls or you can buy tubes from the craft section. We are all about recycling them and giving them another use before they go into the trash. If you want to keep this a cleaner craft you can use red cardstock instead of the paint. You can decide how much you want to clean up, on top of the glitter mess that is. But hey! we love glitter in all it forms. If you don’t want to use loose glitter you can use glitter glue.
MATERIALS for SantaPants:
- 2 – Recycled cardboard toilet paper tubes
- Cardstock: red, black
- White felt, scrap
- Wooden tag, 2″x2-1/2″
- Green metal brad
- Polyform Sculpey III Clay: Gold
- Glue Dots International: Craft Glue Dots, Continuous Glue Lines
- Plaid Apple Barrel Paint: Bright Red, Green Apple
- Glitter: Silver or Gold
- foam brushes
- Rubber stamp: Merry Christmas
- Black inkpad
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic brayer
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- scissors, ruler, plastic knife, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
2. Print out pattern.
3. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Roll 1″ Gold clay ball; flatten. Cut buckle from Gold clay. Position buckle on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake buckle in oven. Let cool.
4. On covered work surface, paint cardboard tubes (pants) Bright Red. Let dry. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue pants legs together. Paint wooden tags Apple Green. Let dry.
5. Measure and cut 2-1/2″x9″ red cardstock rectangle. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue red rectangle around top of pants legs. Measure and cut two 2-1/2″ red card stock circles. Use scissors to fringe edges of circles. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue circles on bottom of pants legs.
6. Measure and cut 1″x9″ black cardstock strip (belt). Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue belt around red rectangle. Apply Continuous Glue Lines strip onto center of belt; sprinkle with Gold or Silver glitter. Use Craft Glue Dots to glue buckle on center of belt.
7. Measure and cut two 1″x7″ red cardstock strips (suspenders). Use Craft Glue Dots to glue suspenders onto inside of pants legs.
8. Measure and cut two 3/4″x4″ white felt rectangles. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue felt rectangles around bottom of pants legs.
9. Use black inkpad and Merry Christmas stamp to stamp saying on wooden tag. Use hole punch to punch hole on pants leg; insert metal brad through hole on tag and pants leg. Bend ends on inside.
FOR MORE CHRISTMAS CRAFT IDEAS CLICK HERE