Rosemary infused Olive Oil Trio
These tasty handmade gifts of rosemary infused olive oil are very easy to make and the ingredients could already be in your Kitchen. If you plan on making these for Christmas or as Hostess gifts during the upcoming festive season make them two weeks in advance to allow the flavors to infuse. Make a delicious oil infused with the scent and flavor of fresh rosemary and other spice ingredients by following the instructions below. I made all three of these in less than 15 minutes. I also found the bottles at the thrift store for .15 a piece. I would have purchased a dozen more if I could. These little bottles are the perfect size for this gift. The stickers came in a pack of 40 for a $1 and I had the twine left over from another project.
Tools and supplies to make Rosemary Infused Olive Oil:
- Olive Oil
- Rosemary sprigs
- Garlic Cloves
- AdTech Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Handmade with love stickers
1. Clean and sterilize bottles.
2. Slip rosemary sprigs into each bottle. I added sliced garlic cloves to one and crushed red peppers to the other. Use a funnel to pour in olive oil. Add the cork, and set in a cool place or even refrigerate.
3. After filling and corking bottles, wash and dry them well.
4. Apply label to front of bottle.
5. Wrap twine around the neck of the bottle. Tie in place and hot glue on a button.
To prolong the life of the oil, refrigerate bottles. The Garlic and Rosemary should be used within a month of making. If you are using fresh herbs and spices make sure you wash and dry them. If you are using dried spices the shelf life is 3 months. I add a label on the back of each bottle so the recipient knows what they are getting.
Check out the other participants in the Holiday Edition of Craft Lightning