Quick and Easy Conversation Hearts
Allie Gower of My Card Party and I’ve made some Quick and easy Conversation Hearts !
Make these fun Conversation Hearts to give away on Valentine’s Day. They are fast and easy to make in bulk. Use these as a classroom giveaway, on projects, add a magnet to the back, or just surprise someone by leaving one behind somewhere.
You need plain acrylic hearts that are available in the floral section of big box stores. I picked mine up on clearance after Valentine’s Day last year. I think they are designed to put in a vase. There are a ton in a bag and not very expensive even at regular price. I am always crafting and love a good bargain so I picked them up for my statsh. They are super fast!
Supplies for Quick and easy Conversation Hearts
- Acrylic Hearts
- White Cardstock – DiscountCardstock.com
- Paint – multi-surface SATIN
- Medium – Decou-Page Medium
- Markers – Spectrum Noir
- Ink – Imagine Crafts NEW Hawaiian Blue StazOn
- Stamps – a Jillian Vance Design (Tiny Tags Stamps & Die Set)
Directions for the Quick and Easy Conversation Hearts
- There isn’t really a front and back, they’re the same on both sides, so pick a side. This is now the BACK.
- Color on the BACK with permanent markers like a Sharpie or an alcohol marker. Crayola markers will not stick.
- Paint with a multi-surface paint and paint brush.
- If you like you can even add a word with a little decoupage. I stamped the word on white cardstock and trimmped to fit.
- Use Mod Podge to adhere it to the back. Paint and color around it for additional color and pop.
You can package the hearts with a piece of candy or give them as is. That is your call. I like the fact that you can use them again.