Quick and easy felt projects can be very fast and give great results. I really love working with felt because it can be sewn or glued and looks great either way. Felt can be cut with scissors or a rotary blade. Another great thing about felt is it can be all natural and made from animal fur called wool felt or it can be made using recycled materials.
I went a little crazy this time and made three super cute paper organizers. Or maybe they are just felt clips? I’m not quite sure what to call them other than adorble. They each have a clothes pin on the back. This is Tommy Taco. He is a pretty cheesy guy.
This yummy little slice of watermelon does not have a name. I could not quite figure out how to give it a face.
And the there is Cali Cactus. She is a little shy and very adorable but shy none the less.
Materials needed for felt projects:
- Fabric glue
- Sewing machine
- Embroidery needle and embroidery floss
- Paint in pink, black and white,
- Clothes pins in various sizes
- colored pencil or marker
Instructions for felt projects:
Cali Cactus felt project
- Draw pattern on felt.
- Sew on the drawn pattern.
- Trim around sewn edge.
- Use embroidery needle and floss to sew on the eyes and mouth.
- Use paint to add the blushing cheeks.
- I added a pre-made felt accent and a gem. You can embellish how ever you want.
- On the backside adhere the clothes pin with a generous amount of glue. Allow to dry.
Tommy Taco felt project
- Draw pattern on felt and use scissors to cut out the shape
- rim around sewn edge.
- Use paint to add the blushing cheeks
- Cut out various shapes for your taco filling.
- Glue the pieces into place and allow to dry.
- Use a marker to draw on the eyes and mouth.
- Fold taco shell in half and glue in place. Allow the glue to dry.
- Add the clothes pins to the back.
Watermelon felt project
- Draw a cirlcle on base felt.
- Layer the next color and cut out about 1/8th of an inch around base color.
- Repeat step two for final color.
- Cut out 3 small seed shapes or 6 seeds if you are making two. Which you might as well do becuase you can get two with the effort of one.
- Glue the seeds in place. I like to use a toothpick when working with small pieces.
- Cut in half and adhere a clothes pin to the back.