Ingredients for Nutella Cake Bars:
- 1 yellow cake mix*
- 1/3 cup butter, melted* ( if you use unsalted – add a pinch of salt)
- 1/3 cup milk*
- 6-8 oz Nutella
- 7-8 oz Marshmallow Cream
- 9×13 baking dish
- non-stick spray
- rubber spoon or spatula
- Sprinkles optional – we used halloween colors
*These items make the base of my bar cakes. You can add 6-16 ounces of almost any type of filling to change the flavor. We like nutella and peanut butter. Peanut butter and chocolate chips. You can also add nuts.
Instructions for Nutella Cake Bars:
Combine cake mix, melted butter, and milk in a mixing bowl. The dough should be sticky. Press half the batter in a greased 9×13 pan. Spray your spoon with non stick spray to help keep it from sticking.
- Spread the Nutella on top of the dough.
- Spread the marshmallow fluff on top and swirl.
- Crumble the remaining batter on top of the fluff.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.