The noel button wall art is a festive addition to a wall in your home. Buttons spell out a holiday sentiment that creates unique cork board wall décor. Tack Christmas cards, holiday snapshots, and other memorabilia along the edges. Display the Christmas cards you have received in style and keep the clutter contained.
Materials for button wall art:
- Elmer’s Foam Cork Board, 10”x10”, four
- Fabric squares, 12”x12”, four
- Buttons: Buttons Galore and More, assorted; Laura Kelly Designs Hand Dyed Buttons, Black Beauty, Bold Brown, Radically Red, Castle Grey
- Paper clips, four
- Rotary cutter and self-healing cutting mat
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Knife
- Beacon Adhesives: Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Gem-Tac Permanent Glue
- scissors, iron and pressing surface, ruler, pencil, sanding block, transfer paper
Directions for button wall art:
1. Using ruler and pencil, trace four 10”x10” squares on foam side of cork board. Cut out squares using X-ACTO knife. Use several passes to cut, making light score along traced lines on first cut, and gradually cutting deeper into traced lines until cuts are complete. Use light sanding block to sand down edges as needed.
2. Using self-healing mat and rotary cutter, cut four coordinating 12”x12” squares from fabric. Iron the fabric flat on pressing surface.
3. Center the fabric on foam cork board squares. Fold edges over the back of cork squares and adhere using fabric glue. Let glue dry.
4. Access patterns by selecting the info button near the main image, then select the pattern icon. Download and print patterns onto paper. Transfer letter to center of each fabric square using transfer paper.
5. Adhere buttons, alternating colors and sizes, inside letters using tacky glue. Let dry.
6. For hanger, measure and mark 4” down and 4” across back of each square. Cut 2” horizontal slit on mark using X-ACTO knife. Open paper clip and insert into slit; spot glue with tacky glue if needed.