This recycled ornament idea is quick and easy to make and makes a great statement on the tree. If you love to do themed trees this one can be used in several kinds of christmas trees. It could be used in a tree with all sorts of birds, a teacup tree, a garden theme and plenty of other themed trees or it can just be a fun teacup ornament to make.
Tools and Materials for the nested bird teacup ornament
- Recycled teacup and saucer
- Bird on a pick
- Sculpey UltraLight Oven-Bake Polymer Clay (Polyform Products Co.)
- Tulip Fashion Glitter: Gold Fine; Pink
- Spanish moss
- Pink fabric strip
- Ornament hanger
- Acrylic gem
- Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond
- Aleene’s Platinum Bond Glass & Bead Slick Surfaces Adhesive; Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Directions for the nested bird teacup ornament
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay. Roll and shape several eggs from clay. Bake the clay eggs according to package directions
- 2. Apply generous amount of Glitter Bond to each egg, then roll in desired color glitter. Let dry.
- 3. Brush Glitter Bond onto bird; sprinkle with desired glitters. Let dry.
- 4. Accent tail feathers with additional glitter, repeating Step 3 for each color.
- 5. Adhere cup to saucer. Let dry.
- 6. Place dollop of glue inside tea cup. Press Spanish moss inside tea cup to form nest. Arrange and adhere glittered eggs to nest.
- 7. Adhere glittered bird to tea cup.
- 8. Tie fabric strip bow around handle. Attach ornament hanger to back of bow.