journey hope faith pillow
Simple sentiments and a pink silk ribbon come together in unity on this burlap pillow. Create classic and simple home decor with iron on vinyl and a die cut machine. Sewing a pillow is very basic and can be done by hand or by machine. You can use this pillow as inspiration and add the words that mean the most to you.
- Fairfield Processing Home Elegance Pillow Insert, 12”x16”
- Natural burlap, 1/3 yd.
- Iron on vinyl
- Blumenthal Lansing LeBoutin Jewelry Button (611006104)
- Offray Light Pink Satin Ribbon, 7/8” wide, 7” length
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Sewing needle and white thread
- Digital Die cut machine
- scissors, iron and pressing surface, towel
Directions for Pillow:
1. Use rotary cutter and mat to cut two 13″x17″ rectangles from burlap.
2. Use computer and die cutting machine to create desired phrase. Type “journey,” “hope,” and “faith” in font of choice. Make sure letters are flipped horizontally and sized appropriately before die cutting or what the manufacturer of the vinyl instructs.
3. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to print images on t-shirt transfer paper using inkjet printer. Cut out words with scissors leaving 1/4” border around all sides. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse words onto one burlap rectangle using iron and photo as guide. Peel away backing paper when cool.
4. Cut 7” ribbon length. Fork ends with scissors. Form ribbon into folded shape as shown. Thread sewing needle with thread; hand-sew ribbon center onto pillow. Attach button on center of ribbon. Knot and clip thread ends.
5. Place burlap rectangles with right sides together. Hand-sew along edges with 1/2” seam allowance, leaving bottom edge open. Turn right side out. Insert pillow form. Whipstitch bottom edge closed using needle and thread. Knot and clip thread ends.