jam and jelly gift set – Country Fair style. Jam and Jelly gift set make a great gift for almost anyone. You can create packaging for any occasion and make the jam and jelly gift set based on what berries are in season.
Materials and tools
- Recycled 4-pack coffee drink carton and bottles
- Patterned papers: red/cream polka dot; red/cream stripes; black Swiss dots
- Kraft cardstock
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Light Mocha; Lamp Black’ Traditional Burnt Umber
- Melissa Francis Vintage Label (Heart & Home Collectibles)
- Wool Felt (National Nonwovens): Cottage Red; Camouflage
- White scrapbooking mesh
- Black pebble beads (five per strawberry)
- Natural hemp
- Blue floral scraps
- Red flat back buttons, two
- Tiny Alphas rubber stamps (Hero Arts)
- Black pigment ink pad
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Embroidery floss: red; green
- Marvy Craft Punches (Uchida): 3” Scalloped; 2” Circle
- Embroidery needle
- Sanding block
- Paper trimmer
- Rubber bands
Directions for jam gift set
1. Paint carton Traditional Burnt Umber and lids Light Mocha. When dry, dry brush lids Lamp Black for an enamelware look. Dry brush edges of die cut tag. Apply varnish to lids.
2. Cut patterned papers to fit all sides of carton. Glue papers to carton. Use paper trimmer to cut 2”x5-1/4” rectangle from kraft cardstock; glue to carton front. Trim edges of vintage tag and glue to die cut tag. Glue buttons to ends of tag and tag to carton front over center of craft strip. Cut four 1-1/4”x7” strips from mesh; wrap and glue around bottles. Punch four scalloped circles from Swiss dots paper and four circles from kraft cardstock. Stamp circle labels as shown. Layer circles together and glue to front of bottles.
3. Print and cut out patterns. For each bottles cut two strawberries from Cottage Red felt and stem from Camouflage felt. Use red floss to sew beads to one strawberry piece for seeds. Layer strawberry pieces together and blanket stitch around edges, leaving 1” opening for stuffing. Stuff with a quarter-sized piece of batting and blanket stitch closed. Use green floss to sew details to stem and sew to strawberry.
4. Cut 36” length from hemp. Center and sew hemp to back center of strawberry. Tie hemp around bottle neck several times and knot. Cut pieces of blue floral and glue inside hemp. Fill jars with jams and jellies.