DIY and Insulated Casserole Carrier and free pattern and my family’s favorite Corn Soufflé recipe. They make a perfect pairing for your festive gatherings. The Fat Quarter Bundle from Robert Kaufman is elegant and sophisticated and the soufflé is exquisite.
I tried out several folds for the carrier. This one is functional but not as attractive.
This is the pretty fold on a 9×9 pyrex glass dish with handles and a plastic lid.
Supplies for the Insulated casserole carrier:
Items below are linked to Amazon where I am an affiliate and earn a small percentage off each sale.
- Fat quarter bundle -Winter’s Grandeur II
- Shield interlining
- Solarize interlining
- Poly-fil Low Loft Batting
- Button, elastic cording, needle and thread
- Velcro Brand Hook and loop Tape
- Sewing machine
Instructions for Insulated Casserole Carrier:
- Iron fabric fat quarters open. Cut two of them in half and cut a third into 1/4. Sew together
- Cut Shield, Solarize and batting to size of fabric.
- Cut fabric for strap. Sew in a tube withwrong sides together. Turn tube inside out iron flat. Sew edges closed and add the hook and loop tape.
- Position on the fabric that will go on the bottom. Use coordinating thread to sew into place.
- Layer the fabric and interlinings so that when you turn them rightside out they will be in place. Tuck the straps in and pin them so that you do not sew them.
- Sew around the edges with a 1/2 seam. Leave a small opening to turn the layers right side out.
- Iron smooth and close up seam using a ladder stitch.
Corn Soufflé recipe:
Corn Soufflé Directions:
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
MIX butter and cream cheese in large bowl until blended. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
SPRAY baking dish with oil
POUR into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with cheddar.
BAKE 45 to 50 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.