DIY and Insulated Casserole Carrier and free pattern and my family’s favorite Corn Soufflé recipe. They make a perfect pairing for your festive gatherings. The Fat Quarter Bundle from Robert Kaufman is elegant and sophisticated and the soufflé is exquisite.
I tried out several folds for the carrier. This one is functional but not as attractive.
This is the pretty fold on a 9×9 pyrex glass dish with handles and a plastic lid.
Supplies for the Insulated casserole carrier:
- Fat quarter bundle -Winter’s Grandeur II
- Shield interlining
- Solarize interlining
- Poly-fil Low Loft Batting
- Button, elastic cording, needle and thread
- Velcro Brand Hook and loop Tape
- Sewing machine
Instructions for Insulated Casserole Carrier:
- Iron fabric fat quarters open. Cut two of them in half and cut a third into 1/4. Sew together
- Cut Shield, Solarize and batting to size of fabric.
****instructions to come***
Corn Soufflé recipe:
Corn Soufflé Directions:
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
MIX butter and cream cheese in large bowl until blended. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
SPRAY baking dish with oil
POUR into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with cheddar.
BAKE 45 to 50 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.