Make patchwork coasters coasters with the easy sew instructions. Make them any fabric theme or a bunch of random fabric scraps. A great stash busting DIY. Decorate your holiday gathering table with charming coasters made from fabric scraps. These are also great hostess gifts. If you make a bunch of them in one day you can package them up and store them in the gift closet. I have a gift closet in my home where I can grab a last minute gift. It has saved my butt more than a time or two.
Materials for Patchwork Coasters
- Fabric, 1/8 yd.: brown floral, white print text, orange polka dot; green floral, 1/4 yd.
Fairfield Processing Corp.American Spirit Cotton Batting
Tools for Patchwork Coasters:
- Rotary cutter and self-healing cutting mat
- Sewing machine and coordinating thread
Basic Supplies for Patchwork Coasters:
- scissors, straight pins, needle and thread, iron and pressing surface
Directions for Patchwork Coasters:
1. Use rotary cutter to cut four 2”x5” strips from each fabric. Cut one 6”x6-1/2” rectangle from green floral fabric for backing.
2. Using 3/8” seam allowance, pin two strips with right sides together and stitch on one long edge. Press seam open. Repeat with remaining strips to create four-strip panel.