Halloween door decorations – Make a monster mouth for your front door. I chose to use Oly*Fun from Fairfield Processing because it is available in Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Joan Fabric and Hancock Fabric. Plus it is in cheap and weather friendly. It is great for decorating outside and it can be reused year after year. Our neighborhood does not have trick or treating so we do not get very elaborate on or decorations. I wanted to make something with little effort and big impact. Thus the front door decoration. Our door is a double door and we just painted it black instead of the green I planned. The green door would have been the perfect monster or Frankenstein.
I work with Fairfield and Adtech and they send me product to create with and I would not use them if I did not love them. I chose the Cool Tool because it will not melt the Olyfun, it is safe for the kids and it will hold up to the weather. This project took about 20 minutes total. It might have taken less if I was not doing it with two cranky kids.
Supplies for Halloween door decorations:
- Olyfun in Cherry Pop, Snow white, Black
- Cool Tool Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Red Sharpie
Instructions for Halloween door decorations:
- Cut the red Oly*Fun to the size of your front door.
- Cut enough white triangles to go along the top of the mouth and the bottom of the mouth. I let the kids cut them. This assured that they were uneven and unique.
- Adhere the teeth to the mouth with a low temp glue gun.
- Cut two eye shapes out of white.
- Use a red Sharpie to add veins to the eyes. to finish off the eyeballs.
- Add either black or blue Oly*Fun to the bottom of the eyes.
- Adhere to your front door and enjoy.
Click on the link below to see other quick and easy Halloween crafts.