Gummy worm brownie dirt cups with realistic earthworms are on my menu this Halloween season. Most kids would love to creep out adults with these realistic gummy earthworms. Not me! I like to gross out my kids and these gummy worms look so realistic. I ordered the realistic gummy earthworms from Oriental Trading and they sent the product samples in exchange for my honest review. And let’s be honest…THEY ARE AWESOME!!! They smelled and tasted like root beer. My kids loved the flavor. My version is different from the normal recipe you will see online. I am probably in the minority but I despise chocolate Oreos. The only thing they are good for is scraping the center filling from. My kids would completely disagree. They love them and when we were picking food to serve for their class party we agreed to a new version that I would create. This is my version of the traditional dirt cups.
Ingredients for gummy worm brownie dirt cups with realistic earthworms:
- realistic gummy earthworms
- chocolate brownie mix and ingredients listed on box
- chocolate pudding and ingredients listed on box
- chocolate sprinkles
- clear plastic cups
Instructions for gummy worm brownie dirt cups with realistic gummy worms:
- Make brownies and pudding according to directions.
- Let the brownies cool and then crumble. Add to bottom of cup.
- Spoon in pudding on top of brownies.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 until cup is full.
- Add chocolate sprinkles to a jar.
- Chop the sprinkles with a submersion blender.
- Remove the gummy worms from their packaging.
- Drop half of the gummy worms into the jar and shake to coat. I cut the worms in half and inserted them into the top of the cups. Make sure you have at least one worm going down the side.
- Add the left over chocolate sprinkles and some brownie crumbs to the top of the cups.
If you would like to pin this recipe use the image below. You can also follow my FUN FOOD board on Pinterest.
My kids like this time of year. These are the things I have made in years past. Check them out your tummy will thank you.
You can also follow my FUN FOOD board on Pinterest.