Make a Feminine Botanical Tag & upcycled tea cup gift for your mom or favorite gal in your life. The Country Farm Stand Kit at Pixiedust Paperie is so very inspiring. I must admit, I have been highly stressed out about making sure I showed the versatility of this kit. And just when I thought I was done I realized this kit had the PERFECT colors for a girly gift tag project I needed to create. I went to a Girls Craft Night Out at a friends house last week and one of our projects was creating soy candles in “recycled” tea cups. I chose this sweet tea cup thinking that my mom would love it as a gift for Mother’s Day…but I needed to spice it up just a bit with a tag. Pulling a bit of everything from tags and ribbons to papers, cardstock and the little rose embellishments I feel like this tag “created itself” to just go perfectly with this sweet tea cup candle. Enjoy~
You can make this tag or the upcycled tea cup candle by melting wax and pouring it into a vintage tea cup. There are tons of tutorials out there for making candles. I simply tape in a wick, melt and pour. You can add scents to your wax and colors too. It is a great way to upcycle old tea cups and other containers. As for the tag from the paper kit it is no longer available so you can use something from your stash or purchase paper kits that are packed with embellishments for cheap in most big box stores. Get creative and enjoy because this is a low stress gift. Your mom always loves what you make. 😉
Supplies for upcycled tea cup gift:
- upcycled tea cup and saucer or other fun container
- scent (optional)
- covered work surface an container for melting wax
Directions for upcycled tea cup gift:
- Melt the wax and add your scent if desired.
- Place the wick in the cup. You can tie it to a chopstick or tape it in place to hold it in the center of the container.
- Pour melted wax into the container and let dry. It will dip in towards the center. You can comeback and fill it in again if you would like.
For other garden themed crafts: