Make a gingerbread man spa gift set to give as a budget friendly handmade gift. Recycled jars and paper scraps make this great a great stash buster too. You can use traditional colors or modern.
Materials for Gingerbread man spa gift set
Recycled baby food jars
Patterned paper scraps
Cardstock scraps: cream; white; brown
Wooden knobs with holes, 1”, three
Gold eyelets, three
Tools for Gingerbread man spa gift set:
Rubber stamps: Pinecone (Hero Arts); Candy Cane (Paper Salon); Tiny Alphabet Stamps; Gingerbread Man (Denami Designs)
Ink pads: black pigment; Brown Fluid Chalk Ink (Clearsnap)
Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Alizarin Crimson; Evergreen; Milk Chocolate; Light Mocha
Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
Red permanent marker
Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
Marvy Clever Lever paper punches (Uchida): Scallop Circle, 1-1/2”; Circles: 1”, 2”
Hole punch, 1/16”
Drill with 1/16” bit
Small screws, three
Directions for Gingerbread man spa gift set:
1. Remove labels from jars. Wash and dry jars. Paint: gingerbread jar top and knob Milk Chocolate; Christmas Tree jar top and knob Evergreen; Candy Cane jar top and knob Alizarin Crimson. When dry, dry brush all tops and knobs with Light Mocha. Apply three coats varnish.
2. Drill holes in jar tops underneath in center. Center knobs on top of jars and secure with screws so screw is placed in knob holes.
3. Use pigment ink to stamp gingerbread man and pinecone on brown cardstock. Cut out gingerbread man. Punch 1” circle from cream cardstock and adhere gingerbread man to center. Punch scalloped circle from a patterned paper scrap and adhere gingerbread man to center. Punch scalloped circle around pinecone. Use red marker and glitter marker to color bow. Punch 2” circle from a patterned paper scrap and adhere pinecone to center. Stamp candy cane on white cardstock. Color with red and glitter marker and cut out with scissors. Punch 1” circle from cream cardstock and scalloped circle from patterned paper scrap. Layer pieces together and adhere.
4. Use paper adhesives to glue circles to center of jars. Secure with rubber bands while drying.
5. Use alphabet stamps to stamp jar labels on cream cardstock. Tear labels from cardstock; ink edges Brown. Punch hole in each label; attach eyelet. Thread hemp through hole and tie around knob. Fill jars with body scrubs and salts.
PDF FOR gingerbread spa gift set list
by Melony Bradley