Share the love with this fun and tasty treat in a jar! Make friendship brownies in a jar mix. Recycle a spaghetti sauce jar or a pickle jar and use pattern paper from your stash. You don’t have to be elaborate on the packaging because we all know that it is what is on the inside that matters most.
Materials for Friendship Brownies in a jar:
- Ball Quart Jar (Jarden Home Brands)
- Americana Acrylic Paint (DecoArt): Soft Blue.
- Patterned papers: brown/white Swiss dot; red/white polka dot
- Off-white cardstock
- Red wool felt scrap
- Wool roving: brick red; white
- Blue Tiny Alphas Alphabet Stickers (Making Memories)
- Acrylic gems: blue, 32; clear
- Silver clip
- Jute twine
- Brownie mix ingredients (see recipe)
Basic Supplies for Friendship Brownies in a jar:
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Adhesives (Beacon Adhesives): Fabri-Tac; Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Needle felting tool and pad
Directions for Friendship Brownies in a jar:
1. Paint jar lid. Let dry. Apply varnish.
2. Cut 4″x12″ rectangle from paper to fit around jar. Adhere to jar. (Note: Wrap rubber bands around paper to secure while glue dries.) Use scallop-edge scissors to cut two 1″x12″ strips from cardstock. Glue to top and bottom edge of rectangle.
3. Print and cut out pattern.
4. Needle felt heart red. Draw flower center and needle felt white. Glue flower to jar as shown.
5. For label, cut a 1″x2-1/2″ from paper. Adhere stickers. Cut 8” length from jute, thread through clip and clip to label. Tie label around jar.
6. Adhere blue gems to scallop edges and crystal to center of heart.
7. Write or print jar mix instructions on remaining cardstock; cut out and glue to back of jar. recipe instructions
by Melony Bradley