Floral Stick pins are pretty and you can wear them any time of the year.They make a great Mother’s Day gift or really any time of the year. This stick pin is extra sparkly with crystal accents and shimmering paint accents. The floral stick pin would make a great project for craft night.
- Darice Nickle Hat Pin, 6”
- Polyform Sculpey Premo! Accents: Peacock Pearl Bright, Green Pearl, Blue Pearl
- Connie Crystal Raindrop, 20mm
- Swarovski Flat Back Peridot Rhinestones, 4mm
- Silver jump rings, two
- Felt scrap
cornstarch, aluminum foil, toothpick, scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Polyform Sculpey Flowers and Leaves Push Mold
- Needle-nose pliers
- Jacquard Lumiere Paints: Citrine, Pearlescent Turquoise
- Polyform Sculpey Bake & Bond
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or pasta machine, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
1. Condition clay on clean work surface. Roll 4” clay ball with five parts Peacock Pearl Bright and one part Blue Pearl, blending clay until partially mixed.
2. Lightly dust mold with cornstarch. Press clay ball completely into mold. Remove excess clay so clay is flush with top of mold.
3. To release, gently push clay away from edge of mold toward center of molded piece. Repeat this step for each petal. Dust cornstarch in between molding each piece.
4. For base, cut 1” circle from clay. Position base on parchment-lined baking sheet. Apply Bake & Bond around edges of base; press flower petals onto base. Add small dollop of Bake & Bond on center of base; press flower securely onto base.
5. Roll thin Green Pearl rope; cut into five small lengths. Press lengths (stammen) onto center of flower.
6. Use toothpick to poke hole on bottom petal (for crystal attachment).
7. Roll small aluminum foil balls; position balls under petals for support when baking. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake flower in oven on parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool completely.
8. Use toothpick with gem glue to adhere Peridot rhinestones onto ends of stammen and randomly onto petals. Let dry.
9. On covered work surface, use paintbrush to lightly brush Citrine and Pearlescent Turquoise randomly onto petals. Let dry.
10. Attach jump ring onto finding onto raindrop crystal using needle-nose pliers. Attach other jump ring through hole on bottom petal; thread raindrop crystal jump ring onto jump ring and squeeze closed.
11. Cut felt circle same-size as back of flower. Position hat pin onto center of felt circle. Apply gem glue onto felt circle; press flower on felt over hat pin. Let set before wearing.
1. Using a mold helps to create a consistent petal shape. Do not overfill the molds or you will have a lot of sanding to do after baking. Dust the mold with cornstarch for easier release.