Flamingo party favors and a flamingo party invitation DIY. I’m getting ready for my daughter’s birthday pool party and we decided to go with a pink flamingo party theme. Yes, I am one of those moms, not really I am not one of those moms. I just happen to be a mom who gives not quite lavish and not quite over the top birthday parties but they are still more than a basic party. We don’t give big gifts for any holiday or birthdays but we do throw parties. Because parties are all about friends and fun and not the gifts. Our kids know that the party really is their gift and they are cool with it. So this year when I was talking to my friend Jen about the party she let me know she had just finished a fun flamingo printable.
The printable will be used throughout the party in various ways and I am really excited to share my creative process with you and show you how a few simple printables can make the party look much more lavish and expensive than it really is. In my head, I am planning to make cupcake topper, food labels, invitations, a banner, a directional sign and if I have time flamingo bingo.
Supplies for the Flamingo party favors:
- Clear favor box
- FREE Flamingo Party printables from Jen Goode
- printer or take to a store for printing
- paper trimmer (optional)
- paper punches (optional)
- glue for paper
- Stickles glitter gel
- 5.5 x 4.25 fold over cards
- pink and bluish-green cardstock
- Sixlets – they come in a bazillion colors
Instructions for the flamingo party favors:
- Assemble the clear boxes. We are going to have 6-8 girls attend so I will make 10 just incase there are extras who show up.
- Print the free printable. Cut a pink strip off the bottom of one of the printables. Wrap the paper strip around the clear box and adhere with a dot of glue.
- Use a scallop paper punch to punch out a flamingo. Add a dot of glue to the back and hold in place for a moment.
- Fill the box with candy. I used colored Sixlets.
- Add Stickles to the flamingo, around the edges and let dry.
To make the flamingo card:
- Fold the precut card in half using the score mark as your guide.
- Cut a piece of pink cardstock to create card front and adhere to the card front.
- Cut a teal strip off of the printable and adhere to the card front.
- Use a paper punch to punch a scallop piece of cardstock and adhere to the card front.
- Punch out a pink flamingo with a smaller scallop punch and adhere to the card stock scallop.
- Add Stickles to the flamingo and let dry.
Stay tuned for the other pink flamingo party ideas.