Make fan blade beach signage. Repurpose ceiling fan blades to create a unique beach accent. Personalize with found shells or other beach treasures. Paint the blades in nautical colors or your favorite beach color combination. You can use found objects or purchase them from a craft store.
Materials for fan blade beach signage:
- Repurposed wooden fan blades, three
- Jute twine
- Assorted seashells and sea glass
- Acrylic rhinestone
Tools for fan blade beach signage:
- The Crafter’s WorkshopMarquee Letters Stencil (TCW300)
- Jacquard Lumiere Paints: Pearl Turquoise, Metallic Copper, Neopaque White
- Jacquard Tee Juice Black Medium Point Permanent Marker
- Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
Basic supplies for fan blade beach signage:
- sandpaper, scissors, soft cloth, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface), ruler or measuring tape
Directions for fan blade beach signage:
Sand blades and wipe with soft cloth. Make sure blades are clean and free of dust.
On covered work surface, paint two blades Pearl Turquoise and one Metallic Copper. When dry, use Neopaque White to drybrush surfaces. Let dry.
Use stencil and black marker to stencil “Near the Sea, We Forget to Count the days” or sentiment of choice. Stencil one letter at a time, letting letter dry before moving on.
Arrange shells and sea glass as desired on end of blade. Use adhesive to hold in place on blade. Let dry thoroughly before handling. Adhere rhinestone on top of seashells. Let dry.
Position blades on work surface. Use marker to mark holes for drilling along top and bottom of each blade, approximately 2” in from edges. Drill holes in blades.
Thread jute twine through holes, attaching blades together. Knot ends to secure. To hang, thread 24” length of jute twine through holes on top blade;knot ends on back.Hang and enjoy your newly repurposed ceiling fan blades.