A fall burlap centerpiece that you can make quickly, with ease and not break the budget. This DIY project is made with pine cones from the yard, recycled cans, burlap and scraps from your stash. Burlap is one of my go to materials for fall. I think burlap feels like the perfect material to use for autumnal decorating and it is neutral in color so it goes with almost anything. Plus it adds a nice texture and a warm feeling. I like to pair it with jute cording and cream colored embellishments.
Supplies for Fall burlap centerpiece:
- Tin cans – cleaned and dried
- Cotton lace
- Jute cording
- Acrylic paint and paint brush
- Pine cones
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Covered work surface
Instructions for Fall burlap centerpiece:
- Wash and dry tin cans. Select 2-3 different size cans. Apply orange paint to the exterior of the can. You can leave it thin and wispy or apply another coat. Allow paint to dry.
2. To cut burlap start on the finished edge. Measure the amount needed by holding it up to the can and deciding the amount of coverage desired. Snip a cut mark into the burlap. Follow along a thread of the burlap and this will help to keep your lines straight.
3. Once you have cut along the edge of the burlap, then you can remove a few strands of the burlap to create a fringed edge.
3. Use the hot glue gun to adhere the burlap to a can. Then use the burlap ribbon to wrap around the other two cans. Adhere the burlap ribbon with hot glue.
4. Cut the cotton lace to size and adhere with the hot glue.
5. Cut jute cording with enough extra to allow for a knot. Wrap around the can and tie in a knot. You can trim the excess.
6. Trim a couple of the pine cone leaves off with scissors or remove with your fingers. This will help the pinecone to adhere to a flat surface better.
7. Apply a small dollop of hot glue onto the knot and place the pinecone onto the dollop. Hold in place for a few seconds. BE CAREFUL not to touch the hot glue. It hurts!
8. Add plants of your choice to the tin cans. Fake succulents were used in the burlap centerpiece.
If you would like more Fall decorating ideas try these links:
If you would like some stunning vignettes check out this link at 100 Directions