Make an easy shamrock hair clip using Olyfun and Stickles. If you can draw a heart you can make this project. Yes, you can draw a heart and it is okay if it turns out a little wonky. It is handmade after all. Plus, in all likelihood your child will be wearing it and they really don’t notice if things are not perfect. Also you could make this a pin to wear on clothes or a backpack.
Oly*Fun is available by the 12×12 sheet in the general craft isle at most big box stores. You can find it on the bolt in the fabric section. You can use any fabric glue for Oly*Fun. I like to use the Cool Tool Glue gun. It is low temp and does not burn my fingers or melt through the material. It is also safe for kids to use.
Materials for easy shamrock hair clip:
- Olyfun 12×12 craft sheets in Pine, Clover and Kiwi.
- Adtech Cool Tool Glue Gun and Glue sticks
- Stickles or glitter glue
- Hair clip
Instructions for easy shamrock hair clip:
- Cut three hearts in small medium and large. This will give you 9 hearts, three of each size.
- Cut a thin strip to cover your hair clip. I wrap mine around it completely covering it.
- Glue tips together as shown in the image above. (no hot glue it will melt) (fabric glue is fine too)
- Add accents of Stickles or glitter glue around the edges in a thin line. Allow the glitter glue to dry or you will have a mess. You can speed up drying with a cool temperature hair dryer. DO not use heat or you can melt the Olyfun.
- Glue the hair clip to the back of a heart. Leave room for the strip to cover the clip.
- Cover the hair clip with a strip of Olyfun. Secure the strip with glue. Allow to dry.
- Glue the stacked hearts on the clip as shown below.