Let Santa’s jolly belt decorate the tree this year. The ornament is easy enough to make that you can get the kids involved. Make sure you cover your work surface if you are making these with the kids. If your kids are anything like mine you might want to cover them too. These ornaments are fun and easy to make and look very nice on the tree.
Materials for Santa ornament:
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Ball, 3”
- Polyform Sculpey III Black Oven-Bake Clay
- Silver bead
- Black glittered ribbon, 7/8” wide, 10” length
- Silver metallic cording
- Polyform Sculpey: Acrylic Roller, Clay Tool Starter Set, Clay Mat
- DecoArt Americana Tuscan Red Acrylic Paint
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre Silver Spark Wax Finish
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Glue
Basic Supplies for Santa Ornament
- straight pins, paintbrush, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Directions for Santa Ornament:
2. Pinch off one segment of clay; condition with fingers until soft and pliable. Using roller, roll clay to 1/4” thickness on mat. ( you can stack paper up on each side of roller to get the 1/4″ size)
5. Adhere ribbon around center of ball then trim ends.
6. Using fingers, apply Silver Spark to buckle.
8. Insert silver cord through bead; adhere to top of ball for hanger. Knot the ends.