Easy earrings to make and give in a hand stamped gift box. Make these quick earrings to coordinate the with any outfit. Once you learn the Easy Earring technique you will be making earrings for every one. They really are simple, quick and easy. I love to give them as hostess gifts. They are really nice to have on hand when you need to send a little thanks to someone. I personally think that when you tie the time to make a gift for someone that it is like giving more because you are giving up your time to make them something they will like.
sizes: box, 3-1/4″x1″x2-1/4″; earrings, 2″
Materials for Easy Earrings
- Creative Imagination Bare Elements gift box with mirror
- Beads, in three various sizes, six
- Silver findings: two 2” head pins, two ear wires
Tools for Easy Earrings:
- Acrylic block
- Beadalon Chain-nose Pliers; Designer Flush Cutter Stamp
- Clearsnap Ancient Page Navy Ink
- ColorBox Cat’s Eye Fluid Chalk Queque: Misty Meadow
- Rubber stamp, in print of choice
Directions to make Easy Earrings and gift box:
Hand stamped Gift Box
1. Starting with the lightest colored inkpad, apply inkpads directly to surface of box in long sweeping strokes. Use darker-colored ink for inside of box. Layer and blend colors for desired coverage. Let dry.
2. Randomly stamp image on gift box to create collage look. Set aside to dry.
1. String three beads onto each head pin. Use round-nose pliers to make loop above top bead. Wrap extra wire around base of loop. Attach loop to lower loop on each ear wire. Trim excess wire.
See really they are Easy Earrings. Once you make a few you will be hooked. Practice the loop a few times on extra ear wires if you are afraid of making mistakes. When you make things by hand they might not always be perfect and that is okay too.