trick or treat bags are a requirement for Halloween. You have to carry all that candy in something. Why not make stylish and reusable trick or treat bags?
Make your own trick or treat bags this year. You can use an old pillow case or muslin. I am an avid crafter and I buy muslin by the bolt. It is great to have around. For the Frankenstein bags I used Rit Liquid dye. I created the color I wanted by mixing two colors.
Materials used for trick or treat bag:
- 2 1/4 tsp lemon yellow
- 1 1/8 tsp aquamarine
- 1 Cup very hot water
- Tangerine Rit Dye
- 1 cup very hot water
- DecoArt Black Fabric Paint
- Paint brush
- Buttons Galore buttons
- Muslin or pillow case
- 1″ black ribbon 1/2 yard per bag
Directions to make the trick or treat bags:
- Cut fabric to 18×36 and dye color of your choice according to directions on package. Wash and dry.
- Sew the top edges on each end by folding over 1/4 inch and then again 1/4 inch.
- Fold the material in half, right sides together. Sew together. Sew on a ribbon or strap of your choice.
- Insert a paper bag or a piece of wax paper and paint on the faces. Allow to dry and touch up if needed.
- Add buttons or other embellishments as you desire. I added reflective tape after the pictures.