“Cute as a Button” word banner
This is a word banner that I made for a baby shower that I hosted for a friend. Word banners are a quick and easy decoration for holidays and events. I have several for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, birthday’s, and this shower one. We make them as gifts for friends, using their name or short words in small fonts to tie onto our Christmas tree.
1. Decide what you want your word banner to say, chose a font you love, type up the words and enlarge to your desired size (somewhere in the 500%-700% range generally), print letters out on cardstock.
2. Cut out letters carefully to use as templates.
3. Arrange your papers and trace each letter template on the back. It’s important make sure the letters are facing backwards on the wrong side of your paper, so that when you flip it over onto the right side you have your letter going in the right direction.
4. Cut out your letters, then punch holes to hang. String your ribbon or twine through or use little clothes pins to attach it.
5. Hang on a mantle, over a window, pinned to the front of a table, on a wreath, or any blank space of wall to add some cheer or festive spirit.
You can see the rest of the shower details here.