Color Sort Busy Activity for Children in rainbow colors and in neutrals can both be made in 15 minutes or less. I came up with the popsicle shape, cut, sewed, colored and labeled all 10 colors in 32 minutes from concept, gathering materials, to completion. You can do yours in 15 minutes and make half or take a half hour and make them all. The materials list is very short. The activity will keep little ones busy and it can help them learn too. I colored the bottom of the craft sticks solid. This is to help them learn to match their colors and I also wrote the name on it for when they are ready to learn sounds and letters. The popsicle sticks can also be used for creative play.
OlyFun can be purchased in the craft isle at most big box craft stores in sheets or craft packs. It is also available via bolt in the fabric section. I really like this material because it dos not fray so you can treat it like paper or fabric.
Materials for Color Sort Busy Activity for Children:
- OlyFun craft sheet package in 12×12 assorted colors
- sewing machine and thread or fabric glue or glue gun (your choice)
- craft sticks
Instructions for Color Sort Busy Activity for Children:
- Draw a popsicle shape out on the Olyfun or freehand cut the shape. Cut two of each shape for popsicle. Repeat for each color.
- Sew or glue the shapes along the outer edge. Repeat for each color.
- Lable the popsicle stick with corresponding color. Use a marker to color in bottom half with corresponding color. Repeat for each color.