Chose Hope bag is a great way to show your support. It makes the perfect girls night in craft project. Inspire all around you when using this pretty and functional tote bag. Having lost a close cousin to Breast Cancer at 40 I feel the need to help spread the word.
Materials for chose hope bag:
- White canvas tote, 13-1/2”x13-1/2”
- Avery T-shirt Transfers for Light Colored Fabrics
- Blumenthal Lansing LeBoutin Jewelry Buttons, two
- Prima Marketing Ivory Flower Centers: Dynasty, Monarch
- Flat-backed rhinestones, 9mm, four
- Offray Satin Ribbons: Brown, 5/8” wide, 13-1/2” length, 3/8” wide, 13-1/2” lengths, two; Light Pink, 7/8” wide, 13-1/2” lengths, two; Coral, 1/2” wide, 20” length
Tools chose hope bag:
- The Crafter’s Workshop Fancy Frames Stencil (TCW214)
- Computer, photo-editing software, printer
- DecoArt Americana Lamp Black Acrylic Paint
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
Basic Supplies chose hope bag:
- scissors, iron and pressing surface, towel, stencil brush, newspaper (to cover work surface), cardboard scrap, sewing needle and thread
Directions for chose hope bag:
Use computer and photo-editing software to type “Choose” and “hope” in Sans Serif and script fonts. Make sure letters are flipped horizontally and sized appropriately before printing. (Note: Designer used Microsoft Paint to type letters and inserted as image into Word document.)
Follow manufacturer’s instructions to print images on t-shirt transfer paper using inkjet printer. Cut out words with scissors leaving 1/4” border around all sides. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse words onto canvas tote using iron and photo as guide. Peel away backing when cool.
Insert cardboard scrap in canvas tote. On covered work surface, position Fancy Frames stencil on tote using photo as guide. Use stencil brush to stencil frame Lamp Black. Let dry. Remove stencil. Reposition on tote on other side of phrase and repeat stenciling. Let dry before removing stencil.
Adhere ribbon lengths on tote as shown using fabric glue. For ribbon rose, twist and wrap Coral ribbon into tight spiral; use fabric glue to adhere layers together. Adhere rhinestone on center of rose.
Adhere ribbon rose on tote as shown. For buttons, cut off shank using scissors. Adhere buttons on either side of stenciled area as shown. Adhere three rhinestones on pink ribbon length along bottom of tote. Adhere flower centers below ribbon rose. Let dry.