Make an appliquéd hoodie. Appliqué fabric scraps to a pre-made sweatshirt or hoodie jacket using a simple leaf die-cut shape. Give your favorite hoodie a make over and use up your fabric stash too. If you do not have a die cut machine you can hand cut the leaf shape.
Materials for appliquéd hoodie:
- Black zip-up cotton jacket aka a hoodie.
- Fabric scraps of choice, in coordinating patterns
- Prima Marketing Inc. Dynasty Ivory Flower Center or decorative button
Tools for appliquéd hoodie:
- Sizzix BigShot Die Cutting Machine and Bigz Leaves Die
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Tiny alphabet stamps and black pigment ink
- Jacquard Lumiere Dimensional Fabric Paints: Sparkle Silver, Copper, Turquoise, Emerald
- Adhesives: Fairfield Processing– Stick fusible webbing, Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
Basic Supplies for appliquéd hoodie:
- iron and pressing surface, scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface), paintbrush
Directions for appliquéd hoodie:
1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse fabric scraps to fusible webbing using iron. Fuse 1”x11” green fabric scrap to webbing for stem. Or use a green ribbon and apply adhesive to adhere to hoodie.