Looking for a holiday gift or a for a fun decoration? Why not make a frame embellished with buttons and rosettes? I love the blank wood frames from Michael’s. I usually purchase a dozen or so when they go on sale for $1. They are great, low-cost homemade gift and you make them in any style you want. A little paint and a few embellishments and you are good to go
Tools and Materials for button rosette frame:
- Blank wood frame
- paint brushes,
- 3 colors of paint ( similar colors work best),
- Hot Glue Gun and hot glue-sticks
- dyed fabric strips ( scraps or old sheets)
- buttons green, waterfall, and bittersweet.
- Ink in colors similar to fabric strips
- Water mister ( spray bottle)
Instructions for Button and rosette frame:
- Paint wood frame with base paint color of choice. Allow to dry.
- Dry brush on other colors.
- To make rosettes – cut or tear a strip of fabric 1-2 inches wide and 44″ long. Tie a knot at one end. Twist the fabric around the knot and hot glue as you go. Wrap until you reach the end and hot glue tail to back.
- Mist flowers and run an ink pad across to create a multi tonal effect.
- Glue on rosettes and buttons as shown.