The All natural Spa Gift basket Herbal Tweets, makes an extra special gift great for any time of the year. Start your gift giving off right with homemade spa sets.
Materials for the All natural Spa Gift basket- Herbal Tweets:
- Wooden crate with handle, 9-1/2”x10”
- Recycled coffee drink bottles, three
- Wooden appliqués (Ornamental Moldings), 5” long, two
- Wooden circle, 3”
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements clear stone, 3mm
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Plum; Dried Basil Green; Antique Gold Deep; Antique White; Antique Green; Metallics Emperor Gold
- Silk flowers, three
- Crystal brads, three
- Gold sheer ribbon, 3/8”, 24” length
- Light green cardstock
Tools for the All natural Spa Gift basket- Herbal Tweets:
- Rubber stamps: Bird, Nest (Komodo); Tiny Alphabet (Hero Arts); A Tweet for You (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Black pigment ink pad
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Craft punches (Marvy Uchida): Circle, 1”; Shipping Tag; Long Reach Hole
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue iLovetoCreate
- Sanding block
Instructions for the All natural Spa Gift basket- Herbal Tweets:
- 1. Lightly sand crate and wipe dust. Basecoat: crate Plum; handle Dried Basil Green; circle Antique White; appliqués Antique Gold Deep; bottle lids Dried Basil Green and Antique Green. Heavily dry brush crate and appliqué with Emperor’s Gold. Dry brush bottle lids with Plum. When dry, apply varnish.
- 2. Stamp bird, nest and “herbal tweets” on circle. Glue circle and appliqués to crate, and crystal to circle as shown.
- 3. Punch three tags and three circles from cardstock. Stamp recipes on circles as shown. Punch hole at center of each circle and at top of tag. Insert brad into hole in circle, followed by silk flower. Glue flower to tag punch. Cut 8” length from ribbon; thread ends through hole in tag and tie lark’s head knot. Knot ends around bottle neck. Repeat for remaining bottles.
- 4. Fill bottles with contents and replace lids. Place bottles in crate. Stamp “a tweet for you” repeatedly across crate handle.