Oh I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas… only a Hippotamus will do.
That funny old Christmas song is the inspiration for this fun Christmas card with its nontraditional pink and lime color scheme.
Watch the video here: Hippopotamus for Christmas
Supplies for creating a Hippopotamus for Christmas Card
- Paper: MFT Stamps “Cardstock“
- Embellishments: Bazzill Basics “Fussy Perfectly Pleated Borders”, K & Company “Wedding Multi-Color Glitter Flowers – Grand Adhesions Dimensional Stickers“, Want2Scrap® “White Sleek Strip Pearls“
- Die Cutting and Embossing: Miss Kate Cuttables “Hippo“, Silhouette “CAMEO®“, “CAMEO® Mat“, Tim Holtz Alterations for Sizzix “December Embossing Folder” and “Vagabond Machine“
- Adhesive: Close To My Heart “Bonding Memories Broad Tip Glue Pen“; Thermoweb “iCraft Adhesive“; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ “3D Foam Squares“
- Tools: Tonic Studios ” Craft Guillotine Trimmer“
- Ink: Imagine® Crafts/Tsukineko “New Sprout Memento™ Dye Inks“, “Sponge Dauber“
- Other: Copic Markers, EK Success Brands “Kuretake Writer”, EK Success Brands Martha Stewart Crafts “Scoring Board”
- Die cut Hippo pieces and ink edges or outline as shown. Assemble.
- Cut a card base from green cardstock. Add a pink mat.
- Emboss December onto White cardstock and ink the raised portions with New Sprout Memento™ Dye Ink using a Sponge Dauber.
- Add Fussy Perfectly Pleated Border.
- Attach Hippo to right hand side of card.
- Add White Sleek Strip Pearls. Trim excess.
- Finish off your Hippo with a coordinated Flower.
Note: I didn’t have multiple shades of pink, so the hippo’s ears and face were colored with a Copic Marker. It creates a nice contrast and has a fun inked finish.