DIY Hot Cocoa Carrier
Materials for DIY Hot Cocoa Carrier
- Recycled can
- Cereal box or cardboard, 6”x13”
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Ball, 3”
- Polyform Sculpey III Orange Polymer Clay
- Papers: cream/brown stripe, red/white stripe, greenery, music
- Transparency sheet
- Royal & Langnickel E-Z Rub On Winter Sentiments
- Heavy-gauge craft wire, 5” length
- Gems: jeweled brads, flourish sticker
- Black pebble beads, 6/0
- Metallic rope trim, 10” length
Assorted flowers and leaves
DIY Hot Cocoa Carrier is a great thank you gift or a just because present. You can use this concept for Valentines and change of the color scheme.
Basic Supplies for DIY Hot Cocoa Carrier
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, foam brush, toothpick, straight pins
- Sizzix Big Shot Pro Die-Cutting System and ScoreBoards XL Frame Die
- Hand tools: wire cutters, jewelry pliers, heavy-duty hole punch, palette knife
- Kitchen tools: oven, serrated knife, clay-dedicated baking sheet
- DecoArt Paints: Snow-Tex; Americana Acrylics Dark Chocolate, Cherry Red, Antique White
- Aleene’s Adhesives: Collage Pauge, Liquid Fusion, Tacky Line Rolls
Instructions for DIY Hot Cocoa Carrier
- 1. Die cut cardboard frame. Paint scalloped piece brown and heart red; dry brush scalloped edges and tabs white. Let dry.
- 2. Cut striped paper for frame front and music paper for back; decoupage to frame. Cut greenery paper square; adhere to center front of frame. Adhere scalloped piece over greenery paper; apply rub-ons to painted areas.
- 3. Cut red/white paper to fit inside can; cut music paper to cover outside of can. Adhere papers with line adhesive.
- 4. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay. Shape 1/2”x1” cone nose. Insert toothpick in base; bake and let cool.
- 5. Hand-cut tiara shape from transparency; add gem flourish.
- 6. Cut foam ball in half. Using palette knife, apply snow paint to rounded side of one half. Press tiara to head. Let dry.
- 7. Dip pins in glue; pin bead eyes to face. Dip toothpick in glue; press nose to face.
- 8. Punch two holes 1/4” apart in center of frame opening. Punch two holes 1/4” apart in top edge of can. Wire can to backside of frame; curl wire ends with pliers to secure.
- 9. Insert gem brads in tabs. Adhere tabs, embellishments, heart, and snowman to frame. Punch holes in top edges of can; tie trim to holes for hanger.