Dr. Seuss party favors are quick and easy to make with printable party pieces. I found these printables for FREE on www.wanessacarolinacreations.blogspot.com I used the pattern paper as the base and a drink label as a wrap for the jar. The jar is filled with l Swedish fish to go along with the One Fish Two Fish theme. The jar is from peanut butter. I asked a few friends to save them and before long we had what we needed for the party. The jars were washed thoroughly and dried. If you have any kids with peanut allergies you might want to use a different container. Dr. Seuss is a very popular kids book and many schools celebrate his birthday with parties and read-ins. This would make a fun prize for a reading contest too.
Supplies for Dr. Seuss party favors:
- Swedish fish to fill containers and some extra to eat.
- Printed labels and accent strips
- Tape runner
- Glue Gun and glue sticks
To make the Dr. Seuss party favors:
- Wash dry and clean containers and remove any labels and glue residue.
- Print labels and cut to size.
- Adhere labels to container with a tape runner. If you use liquid glue secure the paper with a rubber band or two until dry.
- Trim a small strip of paper to size – long enough to wrap around the jar top. Adhere the strip to the container lid.
- Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to wrap around container and to tie a small bow.
- Adhere the ribbon around the lid with a small dot of glue or two.
- Use a glue gun to adhere the buttons.
- Fill with Swedish fish and enjoy.
This is another Dr. Seuss craft you can wear to school.
Click the link below to find other Dr. Seuss craft ideas for fun or for a party.
DIY Kids shoes with Tulip Brand and a CASH giveaway at the bottom.
DIY KIDS SHOES :
Instructions for DIY KIDS shoes:
Start with white canvas shoes. Squirt on dye.
cove shoes completely and let them sit over night. Wash and allow shoes to dry before embellishing them.
Add the beds in a bottle a little bit at a time. You do not want to smudge the pearls of liquid bead. Embellish the shoes to fit your fancy.
I decorated the back too.
For the Love of Cash has started and we want one of our readers to win. Follow the directions below to enter in the giveaway. Imagine all the craft supplies you could buy with the money. You could redo your bedroom or maybe even redecorate your bathroom with all the craftiness. I know what I would get if I won $500. I would purchase an area rug that I could stencil and place it in my dinning room and stencil some curtains to go with – but not in a matchy match type way. If I had any green left over, I think I might pick up a couple of frames for family pictures too. What would you do with the cash?
Welcome to the $500 For The Love Of Cash Giveaway!
We’ve joined an amazing group of bloggers to bring you this great giveaway. One lucky person will win $500 cash.
Enter to win $500 cash via PayPal.
Complete the tasks below to earn entries into this giveaway.
Refer friends using your unique link to earn even more chances to win.
Ends at 11:59pm EST on February 23rd, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway was coordinated by Giveaway Promote.
Typography and fonts are one of my favorite things to use. When I saw this pattern paper with a vintage distressed typewriter font I had to have it. Be prepared to see more projects with it in the future.
Typography Card Materials :
Typography Card instructions:
- Cut card base to 6×12 and sand the edges.
- Adhere precut frame
- Adhere a 5×5 piece of pattern paper
- Cut a piece of typewrite paper to fit into the frame. Adhere paper to the back of the frame and adhere the two on the from to the card.
- Place a bow on the heart and adhere to the front as shown.
- Use scissors to cut out the letters to spell ” I LOVE YOU”
- Add the Mod Podge Dimensional to the letters and let them dry. Once they are dry adhere to the front as shown
Pallet art created with Walnut Hollow 12×12 Pallets. The pallets are free standing so you can either hang your art on the wall of let it stand on a table. I chose to let mine stand. It is going to set on and end table in my living room.
Directions for Pallet Art:
- Base coat the pallet with red paint.
- Postion stencils where you would like , apply paint .
- Base coat the wood plaque, and allow to dry.
- Postion stencils where you would like , apply paint
- Adhere the plaque in the desired position.
- Affix buttons
- Drill two holes for numbers, place screws into plaque
- Paint wood tags and add numbers
- Apply crystals in a heart shaped pattern
- Ink chipboard letters and glue them in place.
Add all the details you would like.